There are no known contraindications from a weight-loss surgical perspective to prevent a post-surgical patient from getting the COVID vaccines.
A patient who has had a Duodenal Switch, Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy, RNY Gastric Bypass, or revisions to Weight Loss Surgery should have the COVID vaccine. The vaccination should be avoided for a few weeks after surgery. For other possible contraindications, please consult your PCP.
Here is a summary of the vaccines and the details of each one approved as of the publication date.
- Short and Long term Effects of Conflicts on Healtcare October 8, 2021
- What does efficiency in healthcare delivery mean? Examples of two market failures October 8, 2021
- Medication Accumulation in Gut Bacteria May Curb Drug Effectiveness, Alter Gut Microbiome October 5, 2021
- Oral Vitmain D September 24, 2021
- Over the Coubnter Vitmain D3 better than the Prescription Vitamin D2 August 30, 2021