- Our Program
There are no known contraindications from a weight-loss surgical perspective to prevent a post-surgical patient from getting the COVID vaccines.
A patient who has had a Duodenal Switch, Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy, RNY Gastric Bypass, or revisions to Weight Loss Surgery should have the COVID vaccine. The vaccination should be avoided for a few weeks after surgery. For other possible contraindications, please consult your PCP.
Here is a summary of the vaccines and the details of each one approved as of the publication date.
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022
- Covid 19 Response January 19, 2022
hi, This is amazing content about Covid 19 vaccines and weight loss surgeries. Thanks for sharing such a valuable content.
I’ve had 2 Astra covid needles n a prizefighter booster.
Just wondering how much cover I have
Considering the Astra is only 70% coverage.