- Our Program
Home » Stricture
Long Term Complications of Adjustable Gastric Banding
October 17, 2017 6:35 am
It is interesting to encounter patients who are still being recommended for Lap Band placement to treat morbid obesity. There is a vast body of scientific evidence supporting that Lap Band not only does not result in a sustained weight loss for majority of the patients, but that it results in significant long term complications for some.
One of the complications is a significant stricture (narrowing) where the band is located even when it is completely empty. This is cause by:
1- either scarring of the tissue around that band causing a “belt” effect around the stomach, or
There are numerous other complications that are associated with Adjustable Gastric Bands that encompass a wide range of areas that are not discussed in this blog. This recent article (yes another one) outlines the dismal long term outcome of the Adjustable Gastric banding- Buyer Beware.
- Weight Loss Injection May 10, 2023
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022