Tag: physical activity
Physical activity in the U.S. varies based on geographic location, socioeconomic status and in comparison to other countries. It is important to know that physical activity is an important component of our well-being. However, this does not mean that going to the gym is the only way to be physically active.
Strain et al. Shows that different populations in different countries get their activity from different sources.
His research showed that the United States population ranked as a high-income country, ranks in the lower 1/3 of the number of countries surveyed with regards to the meeting minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) per week. This may be a contributing factor to the significant rise in obesity in the United States. Individually we should all aim to increase our moderate to vigorous activity significantly.
- Vitamin A and Wound healing December 21, 2020
- What’s New With the Nutrition Facts Label? December 7, 2020
- Get the Facts on Serving Size December 7, 2020
- The New and Improved Nutrition Facts Label – Key Changes December 7, 2020
- Added Sugars: Now Listed on the Nutrition Facts Label December 7, 2020