- Our Program
Home » Hess
First Duodenal Switch Patient- Dr. Hess
April 05, 2015 3:35 pm
I had the opportunity to be in a meeting with Dr. Hess in November of 2004. He presented a lecture about the history of the Duodenal Switch and his collaborative work with Dr. Scopinaro, the pioneer surgeon of the Biliopancreatic Diversion. The BPD was the the foundation of the Duodenal Switch operation. The first patient ever to have had the Duodenal Switch was a revision from a failed vertical banded March of 1988 by Dr. Douglas Hess. At the time of this particular meeting (in 2004), the patient was 17.5 years post op.
This is a copy of the slide that he shared with the surgeons present at the Duodenal Switch meeting on November 21, 2004.
- Weight Loss Injection May 10, 2023
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022