Are Health Insurances working against you? Especially in people who have the disease of obesity? Insurance companies continue to lengthen the pre-operative period. The time that is required to lapse has now in some cases been extended between 6-12 months for some commercial health plans. There are yet again studies that have shown no benefit to the patient with this mandated waiting periods imposed on the patients. Unfortunately, the patients need to challenge the health care insurance companies by the means of all options that may be available to them. This may include internal appeal to external evaluation by some state agency. There are numerous studies that show pre-operative dieting does not equal better weight loss or compliance.
- Stapled Anastomosis December 30, 2019
- Long Term Health Implications of PPI Use, Antacids November 19, 2019
- Copper Deficiency Intravenous Supplementation November 17, 2019
- Protein Intake October 14, 2019
- Overfed But Undernourished October 1, 2019