We should be aware that being physically active is part of being healthy. Health is a combination of being physically active, having a healthy diet are all parts of the variables that contribute to our physical and mental well-being long-term.
The restrictions and the stressors caused by COVID-19 have resulted in our inability to maintain a healthy diet and be physically active. However, we must be vigilant with maintain our activity levels to combat health issues.
It is timely that the British Medical Journal has just published an entire issue regarding the significance of activity and our health as individuals and public health worldwide.
There are a few articles that are outlined here.
Ekelund et al. Reviewed published articles and correlated the activity level and mortality. They Concluded, “Higher sedentary time is associated with higher mortality in less active individuals when measured by accelerometry. About 30–40 min of MVPA per day attenuate the association between sedentary time and risk of death, which is lower than previous estimates from self-reported data.”
- Vitamin A and Wound healing December 21, 2020
- What’s New With the Nutrition Facts Label? December 7, 2020
- Get the Facts on Serving Size December 7, 2020
- The New and Improved Nutrition Facts Label – Key Changes December 7, 2020
- Added Sugars: Now Listed on the Nutrition Facts Label December 7, 2020