A father’s metabolic health can be passed from generation to generation, affecting not only his children but more importantly his grandchildren, suggests a study. According to the study published in the journal Molecular Metabolism, parental obesity can have harmful effects on future generations. “A baby’s health has long been considered the mother’s responsibility as soon as she falls pregnant. Now, we’ve found powerful evidence, in a mouse model, that father’s nutrition and metabolic health can influence his sons and even his grandsons,” said Catherine Suter, Associate Professor, Victor Chang Institute. Read more…
Original research article here.
- Weight Loss Injection May 10, 2023
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022