Sleeve Gastrectomy compared to Duodenal Switch
Note: Hover over the image left and right to see the before and after views.
|Sleeve Gastrectomy||Duodenal Switch|
|· Approximately 75% of the stomach is removed (irreversible)||· Approximately 75% of the stomach is removed (irreversible)|
|· Full absorption of Fat, Protein and Carbohydrate take place||· The small bowel is rerouted to limit Fat and Protein absorption|
|· Gallbladder not removed||· Gallbladder removed|
To compare other surgical procedures, click headings below.
- Normal Anatomy to Duodenal Switch
- Normal Anatomy to Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Normal Anatomy to Gastric Bypass (RNY)
- Sleeve Gastrectomy to Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Bypass (RNY) to Duodenal Switch
- Adjus. Gastric Band to Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Normal Anatomy to SADI (Single-anastomosis duodenoileal bypass)
- Duodenal Switch to SADI ( Single-anastomosis duodenoileal bypass)