Normal Anatomy compared to Gastric Bypass (RNY)
Note: Hover over the image left and right to see the before and after views.
|Normal Anatomy||Gastric Bypass (RNY)|
|· Full Volume of the stomach||· A small pouch of the stomach is connected to a segment of small bowel - No stomach removed|
|· Food passes the pyloric valve in a controlled fashion||· Food enters the small bowel bypassing most of the stomach and the pyloric valve|
To compare other surgical procedures, click headings below.
- Normal Anatomy to Duodenal Switch
- Normal Anatomy to Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Normal Anatomy to Gastric Bypass (RNY)
- Sleeve Gastrectomy to Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Bypass (RNY) to Duodenal Switch
- Adjus. Gastric Band to Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Normal Anatomy to SADI (Single-anastomosis duodenoileal bypass)
- Duodenal Switch to SADI ( Single-anastomosis duodenoileal bypass)