A Hiatal Hernia is an abnormal opening or widening of the gastroesophageal junction, which is located at the top of the stomach within the diaphragm. Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia Surgery is done to tighten the junction between the stomach and esophagus. The most common surgery is done by pulling the stomach back below the diaphragm and wrapping the top of the stomach around the junction between the stomach and esophagus. The stomach is then sewn in place. Surgery is the only way to treat a hiatal hernia that is causing severe symptoms.
Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia Repair can be performed using Robotic or traditional Laparascopic techniques, both options are minimally invasive.
There is also a technique that can be utilized for hiatal hernia repair post Sleeve Gastrectomy. A Hiatal Hernia Repair can be accomplished post weight loss surgery also. Follow link to see videos: here
Hiatal Hernia Causes:
- heavy lifting
- persistent vomiting
- age related
- sour taste
- chest or abdominal pain
- difficulty swallowing
- no symptoms
- Thyroid Medication Absorption And Weight Loss Surgery June 10, 2019
- Osteoporosis Medications, Action and Side Effects May 25, 2019
- Protein Sources May 16, 2019
- Gastroesophageal Reflux: Bile Vs. Acid May 14, 2019
- Vitamin K1 & K2, Interaction with Anticoagulant May 11, 2019