Hiatal Hernia may be one reason for developing symptoms of GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). As we have discussed previously, the treatment for reflux should not be long-term use of the “purple pill”, or all PPI’s, as advertised on TV. There is a large population who are delaying definitive care and probably increasing their chance of esophageal cancer by taming the symptoms of the reflux with over the counter or prescription medication. However, it is important to note that taming the symptoms isn’t necessarily stopping the effects. Be proactive and request to be sent to a surgeon to fix any issues if you are being recommended to “….take the medication and come back again for another endoscopy again ….”
Types of Hiatal Hernia:
This is an example of a patient who had been told to take the medication and just keep and eye on it with repetitive endoscopies. He had to have hiatal hernia repair with Nissen fundoplication for progressively worsening symptoms even on maximum treatment.
- Weight Loss Injection May 10, 2023
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022