The following video is an example of intestinal peristalsis, the rthymic contraction and relaxation of the intestinal muscles to propel digested food through the intestinal tract. This process starts after food product is swallowed into the esophagus. It continues once the food is emptied through the pyloric valve into the small intestine. This motion allows for absorption of nutrients from the food product. Peristalsis continues throughout the small intestine and into the colon (large intestine) until defecation.
Click the following to view the Video of Intestinal Peristalsis
Peristalsis also happens within the tubes connecting the kidneys and bladder and also the tubes between the gallbladder and duodenum
- Weight Loss Injection May 10, 2023
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022