The gastric emptying is shorter after Duodenal Switch than after Sleeve Gastrectomy. This has been studied by having volunteers consume a known amount of measured food that contained trace amounts of medical nuclear markers. Using special imaging cameras, the amount of radiation collected in the stomach was measured over time. In the case of the Duodenal Switch patients, the emptying half time was 28 +/- 16 minutes, with the normal non-operated patient be at 91 +/- 20 minutes(i). The Gastric emptying after sleeve gastrectomy has been reported to be 38 +/- 19(ii) minutes and 57 +/-19(iii) minutes in two different studies.
- Weight Loss Injection May 10, 2023
- Pictures For Anesthesia February 2, 2022
- Bariatric Surgery 2022 January 23, 2022
- Elective Surgery and Anesthesia for Patients after COVID-19 Infection January 23, 2022
- A GUIDE TO COVID-19 TESTS FOR THE PUBLIC January 23, 2022